You can activate the FAB or the First Abu Dhabi Bank Credit Card in UAE by simply sending an SMS along with your details.
FAB Credit Card is among the most commonly used and preferred cards in the United Arab Emirates. Available to people with a Credit Card with Low Salary in UAE.
They offer more than 9 options to select from, according to customers’ needs. They have provided the following offers: cashback, Dining Discount, Airport Lounge Access, Free valet parking, and Movie ticket Discount.
After you receive your FAB Credit Card, you must activate it with your preferred 4-digit security pin. The 4-digit PIN should not be shared with anyone you do not trust.
- You must fulfill the following requirements to activate your FAB Credit Card:
- Registered phone number
- Last 4 digits of your FAB credit card
- 4 Digit secure PIN
- SMS change (Differ on Operators)
Steps to Activate Your FAB Credit Card via SMS
To activate your FAB Credit Card you must send an SMS with your registered phone number and follow the steps listed below:
- Type an SMS: Type CACT <space> (last four digits of your credit card) <space> (4-digit PIN).
- Example: CACT 8402 6849
- Verify and Send: Note down the 4-digit security pin, verify your card details, and send it to 2121.
- Activation Complete: Your FAB Credit Card will be activated within a few minutes and ready to be used.
Having an issue, how to contact FAB Customer Support?
If you are unable to activate your FAB Credit Card, then you can contact customer support cell of First Abu Dhabi Bank at 600 52 5500.
Activate via FAB Mobile App
To activate your Credit Card via the FAB mobile app follow the steps listed below,
- Download the FAB App: It is available on both iOS and Android apps.
- Login to FAB Mobile: If you have an account, log in or sign up.
- Access your Card: Tap on the Card option from the bottom menu, then click on “Activate Card” by entering the last 4 digits or expiration date of your Credit.
- Choose a 4-digit PIN: Card followed by a 4-digit PIN.
Important Information: FAB Credit Card Activation
You must keep the following information in mind while activating your FAB Credit Card in UAE.
- The last four digits of your FAB credit card are listed on the front; you must enter only the last 4-digits.
- A 4-digit PIN is a secure number known only to you, the credit card owner; you must select your secure 4-digit PIN.
- Please down your PIN on a secure dairy in case you do not remember your PIN.
- Pins will be used while purchasing or making transactions, so creating a strong, secure, and hard-to-guess pin for your card is necessary.
- Do not share your pin with others, including random strangers, or online (not trusted sites).
Why Do I Need to Activate my FAB Credit Card?
For security reasons, First Abu Dhabi Bank does not send a ready-to-use Credit Card; after you receive it, you must select your secure pin and activate it before use.
Below are some reasons why you must activate your FAB Credit Card:
- USAGE: You applied for it. This is a no-brainer as you applied for the card, and now it is your responsibility to protect and use it according to your needs.
- Transaction Purpose: You cannot use it for transactional purposes without activation, and services like purchase or withdrawal need a card’s activation.
- Authenticity and Fraud: To make a secure, genuine and authorized transaction by you only. It will help you to protect yourself from transaction fraud and credit fraud.
- Confirmation: Activation can be done via your Phone Number only, and this will help banks confirm that the rightful applicant has received the card successfully.
Final words before you go
Activation via SMS is one simple method to activate your credit card from the comfort of your home without having to talk or visit the bank.
If for some issue you are unable to activate then do check your balance, if you have enough to cover your SMS charges.
Check for your last 4 digit card number, if you have mistyped it.