You can renew your Emirates ID card online from the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security (ICP) website or through customer happiness centers or nearest Typing Centers.
|Emirates ID Card
|5 years for UAE and GCC Nationals
1 to 5 Years for Expats and Resident
|Within 30 days
|Dh20 /day and a maximum of Dh1,000
|Online and Typing Centers
An Emirates ID Card is an important identification document for people living in the UAE. It has an expiration date ranging from a minimum of 1 year to a maximum of 10 years, depending on your visa.
If the expiry date of your Emirates ID card is near and you are looking for an online medium to renew your Emirates ID Card online. You have arrived at the right place. This article will follow a simple yet effective step-by-step guide to apply for your Emirates ID Card Online.
If a resident does not renew his or her Emirates ID within 30 days of the expiry date, he or she will be charged a fine of Dh20 per day, up to a maximum of Dh1,000.
To save yourself from the fine, you must submit a renewal request within 30 days of expiration. Here is the step-by-step guide for the process.
Steps to Renew your Emirates ID card online
To renew your Emirates ID card online, you can follow these quick and easy steps:
- Go to the official ICP website.
- Login With your email and password or UAE Pass.
- On the Dashboard, Click on ID Renewal Service.
- Fill out the application form with the correct details.
- Upload all the required documents in the proper dimensions. The size of the document photos should not be more than 100 KB.
- Pay the required fee.
- Choose the delivery option. You can choose the Home delivery option or collect it from the service center.
- On your registered mobile number, you will receive a confirmation message.
- After a few days, you will receive a message to collect your card from your preferred delivery option.
Documents Required for UAE Nationals
Here is a list of documents required to renew Emirates ID for UAE nationals:
- Original Emirates ID Photo
- Original Passport Photo
- (4.5 x 3.5) cm Personal photo with white background.
- Agency Certificate (Optional)
Documents Required for GCC Residents
You must provide the following documents to renew an Emirates ID card for GCC Residents.
- Original passport.
- GCC ID card for persons above 21 years old. GCC ID of parents is required if you’re below 21 years old.
- (4.5 x 3.5) cm photo with a white background.
- Agency Certificate
- One of the documents is a working certificate, trade license, or document of ownership of any property in the UAE.
Documents Required for Residents or Expats
To renew an Emirates ID card for expats and residents, you must provide the following documents.
- Original passport photo.
- Residence Permit.
- (4.5 x 3.5) cm Photo with white background. Original work certificate. Passport of one of the parents if you are below 15.
- Agency Certificate(optional).
Emirates ID Renewal fees
The fees and charges to renew your Emirates ID card differ for visa types; check out the table below for more information.
Fees for urgent service are charged at customer happiness centers; for AED 150 dirhams, you will get your Emirates ID instantly.
As mentioned in this article, you won’t face any issues if you go through each step to renew your Emirates ID Card.
Before applying for it, you must ensure you have all the required documents in the proper size and format.
Please re-verify your information while selling it because if you provide any wrong information in your application, you will face difficulties renewing your ID.
What are Emirates ID Renewal methods?
There are 3 methods to renew your Emirates ID: via the ICP website, Typing Centres, and Customer happiness centers.
What is the time limit for renewing an Emirates ID card?
The time limit to renew the Emirates ID Card is within 30 days of expiration. Otherwise, you will need to pay the fine.
Can I Use my Emirates ID Card After it Expires?
No, you won’t be able to use its services once it has expired.
How long does Emirates ID renewal take?
Emirates ID renewal will take anywhere from 24 hours to 5 working days after you complete your application process to receive your Emirates Card.