Emirates ID Card is one of the must-have documents for citizens or people residing in UAE, and Emirates ID can be downloaded online via 3 simple methods.
|Access Emirates ID Online
|Online via App and Website
|UAE Pass, UAEICP and Web
|1 – 5 minutes
|UID, Emirates ID or Passport
Why download an e-version of the Emirates Card?
For those who have submitted an application for your Emirates ID Card and are waiting for the physical card to be issued, or you might have an existing card that is stolen or damaged, or you might have forgotten it somewhere, and you need the Emirates ID urgently.
In such situations, the UAE government has provided different applications where you can download the Emirates ID card in a digital version or a PDF document.
- How to Renew Emirates ID Online: Step-by-Step Application Process
- Track Application: How to check Emirates ID Application Status?
- Job Seeker Visa in UAE: How to Apply Online?
In this article, we will be going through two of the best methods to download Emirates ID online, along with a step-by-step guide.
Steps to Download Emirates ID via UAE Pass
You can use the UAE Pass app to download your Emirates ID card in a PDF format. The UAE Pass app is available on both Android and iOS.
You’ll need to install it. Then, you have to sign up for your account with your email, password, and Emirates ID number. Setting up an account in UAE Pass is an easy task. Then, you have to verify your account with your facial recognition.
Once you set up your UAE account, you can move in these steps to download your Emirates ID card.
- Open the UAE Pass App on your device.
- On the home page of UAE Pass, go to the Documents page.
- Select Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security.
- Go to Emirates ID Card.
- You have to verify your identity with facial recognition.
- Then, it will save your Emirates ID Card in the Documents folder of the app.
- Go to the Documents, and there you can see the PDF.
- You can download it from there on your device.
Download Emirates ID from the UAEICP App
This app is available in both Android and iOS systems. You can log in to the application with your UAE Pass account. We’ve already discussed signing up for your account on the UAE Pass Application. Now, follow these steps after creating the UAE Pass app.
- Go to the application and log in with your UAE Pass account.
- On the dashboard, you will see a Favourite Services.
- Under the Favourite Services, you can see the Emirates ID.
- Select on the Emirates ID.
- Then, it will show your name with the “eye icon” on the right side.
- Tap on the eye icon.
- You can see your Emirates ID in a digital format.
- You can download the PDF, and it will automatically save on your device.
QR Code to Download Emirates ID through Passport
You can create a Quick Response (QR) code through the “UAE’s ICP Smart Service Website.” All you need is either a registered Mobile Number or a Passport (Personal Information).
Follow the steps listed below.
- First, visit the Issue QR Code page.
- Choose verification methods:
- Mobile Number: If you have UAE Unified No. Or Emirates Identity Number.
- Personal Information: Passport details.
- Fill in the required information and click on search.
- Download the QR code, and you can scan or provide it to a temporary verification method.
Can I download an Emirates ID card for free?
Yes, the government of UAE has provided a way to download the card in a PDF version from the different applications.
Can I use the PDF of my Emirates ID Card Anywhere?
Except for a few exceptions, you can use the PDF of your Emirates ID Card for any purpose anywhere.
In this article, we have guided you in two different ways to download your Emirates ID card in PDF format. You can follow any of the ways and download it from anywhere.
The process is simple, and it will hardly take you a few minutes to download it. Digital Emirates ID Card is equally equivalent to the physical ID card. In case of urgency, you can use it for different purposes.