Looking for the process of UAE Visa Cancellation? Trying to Cancel your UAE Visa can seem like a daunting task. There are different cancellation processes and steps for different UAE visas which can make it a confusing process.
But worry not, we at How to Emirates are here to help you through this process and make your cancellation process easier.
Who can Cancel a Residence Visa in UAE?
Your sponsor can cancel your residence visa in the United Arab Emirates, for investor visa holders you can submit your application.
Methods to Cancel UAE Visa
There are 2 ways to cancel your UAE Visa and they are:
- Typing Centre: Fill out the cancellation form on your behalf and process it online.
- Online: Through the ICP Website or App
If you are sponsoring your family on UAE dependent visa then you must cancel their visas before cancelling your own.
Cancel UAE Visa via Passport through the ICP Website
- Visit the ICP Smart Service Website.
- Click on “Public Visa Service” from the main header.
- Choose “Cancellation of Current Visa” from the top list.
- Enter your passport details such as “Passport No.” “Type” “DOB” and “Nationality.”
- Click on the “search button” then submit the requested documents
- A residency permit
- A trade licence (Partner or investor)
- Death certificate within the country (in case of death)
- Pay your fee via credit or debit card.
- Submission complete, you will be notified once completion.
The wait time is usually 24 hours if all the details and documents provided are correct.
Cancel Visa via Typing Centre
Sponsors can visit the nearest (FEDERAL AUTHORITY FOR IDENTITY, CITIZENSHIP, CUSTOMS & PORT SECURITY) ICP typing centre, request to fill out a cancellation form submit necessary documents, pay cancellation fees then submit the form.
ICP Typing Centre will submit the form online on your behalf, you must pay an order fee of AED 50 and an E-services fee of AED 10.
Cancel your visa via GDRFA (For Dubai)
Those that have Dubai UAE Visa Stamp, can cancel their visa through the GDRFA website, Simply follow the steps listed below:
- Go to the GDRFA portal’s Cancellation Page.
- Click on “Start Service” Log in or register a GDRFA account.
- Fill out the application form including personal and passport details.
- Attach the documentation required
- Sponsor’s passport
- Passport of the sponsored person
- Work permit cancellation issued by the MOHRE (if works in the private sector).
- Pay the service fees.
- Submit your application.
The Residence permit cancellation fee is AED100 and an extra 10 Dhiram for Knowledge and another 10 Dhiram for Innovation will be charged.
Types of Visa and Fees
The first step to cancelling your Visa is figuring out what type of visa you are currently holding. Different visas have different cancellation processes and fees.
Check out the visa cancellation fee below:
|UAE Work Visa
|AED 100 – 200
|UAE Family Visa
|AED 200 – 250
|Student, Tourist or Investor Visa
|AED 150 – 200
Documents required for the Visa Cancellation Process
Before you move ahead with the visa cancellation process make sure that you have these documents listed below:
- Original passport
- Original Emirates ID card
- Visa cancellation application form signed by the sponsor (* Employment Visa)
- Copy of sponsor’s passport (* Dependent Residence Visa)
- Work permit cancellation
- No liability certificate from the bank
- Entry permit copy, if applicable
- Death certificate, if the visa holder is deceased
Cancellation of UAE Work Visa
To cancel your UAE Work Visa, you will need to visit a GDFRA Branch office near you. You will need to fill out a work visa cancellation form. The additional documents required are
- Cancellation form signed by your employer
- Labour Establishment Card
- Copy of the company trade license
After filling out your visa cancellation form you will need to wait a few days for it to get approved. After your cancellation request gets approved it is up to you to amend a new visa or leave the country. You can also cancel your work visa through an accredited typing center.
Cancellation of UAE Family Visa
A UAE Family visa can only be cancelled through an authorized typing center or directly at the immigration office. If you are the sponsor of your family’s dependent visa, then you will need to cancel their visa first before you can cancel yours. Cancellation of UAE Family visa is much faster, and you will normally get your approval within 24 hours.
Cancellation of Tourist/student or Investor UAE Visa Cancellation
Generally, there is no need to cancel a Tourist/Student UAE visa since they are usually short-term. For example, if you got issued a visa and don’t plan on visiting UAE then there is no need to cancel by paying a cancellation fee instead you can let the visa expire. However, if for some reason you must cancel your Tourist / Student visa then you can visit an accredited typing center or online through the ICP Website.
What happens after my cancellation? Do I need to leave immediately?
After your cancellation of visa gets approved, then you are provided with a 30-day grace period when you will need to get a new visa or leave the country. Failure to do so can land you a hefty fine and can even land you in prison.
How can I cancel Visa of Family member outside of UAE?
If your family member holds a UAE visa and would like to cancel it but they are not inside in the country, in such case, the sponsor can submit the cancellation documents on his/her behalf and get it cancelled through an accredited typing center.
My Employer won’t cancel my Visa? What can I do?
If your Employer won’t cancel your Visa, then you can reach out to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE) which will help you settle the dispute between you and your employer.
What happens to my Visa if I haven’t travelled to UAE in 6 months?
If for some reason you happen to stay out of UAE for 6 consecutive months, then your current visa will automatically be invalid. To enter UAE again you will need to cancel your old UAE visa and apply for a new visa again.
Conclusion: Cancelling your UAE visa can seem like a daunting task. But it can be an easy process if you have all the necessary documents and are prepared well in advance. After the cancellation process, individuals have a 30-day grace period to either leave UAE or get a new visa.